My name is Artur Dogiel and I was born in Opole Poland in 1975, in 1988 when I was 13, I come across a guitar I could afford in a local market in my hometown. It was a Russian make steel string, made of plywood with the bolt on neck and minimalistic approach to the bracing, it was truly an awful instrument.
It didn't take long before I took out my father tools and started tinkering with it, and this is how my guitar fascination started. Since then, instead of playing, I preferred to fix them and building guitars was my dream.
(Unfortunately back then I couldn't afford luthier school to pursue my dream so I enrolled in college to learn cabinet making instead).
In 2001 I decided to move to London to pursue a brighter future but had to learn English first. I began working in bars, some of which are best music venues, bars and Jazz clubs in the world, so for many years I had the privilege to watch and listen to the best Jazz, Rock and Blues guitarist in the world, this all kept the dream alive.
Finally, I applied to South Thames College in London for guitar build course and graduate in 2016 under the guidance of Mike Hobbs.
I finish my first guitar after few months into the course which was a Dreadnought. Since then I never look back and from June 2015 I've my workshop where I provide guitar services and repairers and where I build my own design acoustic and electric guitars alongside well-known models crafted to individual needs.
All my guitars are handcrafted with exceptional attention to the details and made from specially selected tonewoods and components
Acoustic Guitar Setup £30 - £45 (excluding strings)
- Service includes cleaning and polishing frets, fretboard, saddle height, installing new strings, neck relief and string height at the nut if necessary plus general cleaning and polishing of the body. 15% student discount
Electric guitar and bass setup - basic £25
- Adjusting strings height at nut, neck relief, action, intonation, string radius on the bridge, pickup. 15% student discount
Electric guitar and bass setup - standard £45-£55 (excluding strings)
- Standard setup is a basic setup with addition of cleaning and polishing frets and rough fret ends, oiling and polishing fretboard with installation of new set of strings. 15% student discount
Electric guitar and bass setup - full £45-£55 (excluding strings)
- In addition to standard setup service full setup include shielding of pickup cavity where necessary, dismounting entire instrument cleaning and polishing every component. 15% student discount
Nut and saddle replacement £35
- Easy and reasonably cheap way to improve the tone and sustain of the guitar. Material available and included in the price are bone and TUSQ. Other option also available. 15% student discount
Re-frets and fret levelling from £35
- Addressing one or two frets £40, Levelling and re crowning all frets £70, Re-frets Unbound fingerboards £160, Bound fingerboards £180, Lacquered fingerboards £220. 15% student discount
Pickups upgrade and wiring £30 - £45 (excluding pickups)
- Price excludes pickups which could be provided, custom made or sourced from any manufacturer at cost price. Wiring services also available for quotes please contact me. 15% student discount
When ordering a Dogiel guitar you have an opportunity to take part in a journey of the creation of your unique instrument built to your own specification.
Contact me via e-mail or phone and I will be happy to assist and discuss your requirements.
A deposit of 25% is required on placing an order. From this point, your price is guaranteed and will not change before your instrument is ready. The remaining balance is payable upon completion of the guitar, which can then be collected or shipped to you within EU included in the price.
All my instruments are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and craftsmanship. This guarantee applies only to the original purchaser of the instrument. For the duration of my lifetime. If at any time my guitar malfunctions as a result of faulty materials or craftsmanship, I will repair or replace the instrument at my cost (exclude hardware which is under manufacture warranty).